1. The Pastors Pro-Life Resource Center (PPRC) is dedicated to helping a pastor develop a more life affirming church with specific materials and practical help for the pastor and his congregation including the following: a suggested pro-life library, sample sermons, scriptures on life in the womb to the end of life, Bible studies dealing with the issues of life and death, catalogs covering life issues, and suggested curriculum including videos and other materials for all ages. (See #2)
2. Specifically PPRC has Pro-Life Curriculum for All Ages for pre-school, elementary, high school and adult Sunday school classes and Bible studies.
3. PPRC acknowledges that Christians need to repent from previous abortions and/or participation in procuring an abortion. A post abortion support group for women and men offering healing is necessary to have healthy members in a congregation.
Referrals are available to help equip a church with post abortion healing.
Referrals are available for places that help a pregnant woman Alternatives to Abortion - Pregnancy Help Centers – Pregnancy Care Centers - Crisis Pregnancy Centers - Homes and Shelters for Pregnant Women - Adoption Services as well as counseling Counseling (Pastoral) for Pregnant Girls and Women before an abortion.
4. PPRC advocates that each church have a pro-life steering committee sometimes called a Salt and Light Ministry or Respect Life Group:
An example: Salt and Light Ministries (Calvary Chapel South Bay)
An example: Respect Life Group – Catholic
The pro-life steering committee works with the pastor and is key to educating the congregation and the public about the dire consequences of abortion because the news media and the public schools usually refuse to do so.
Youth groups are very effective in reaching other teens with the pro-life message.
5. The PPRC encourages a church to participate in local pro-life ministries such as Alternatives to Abortion: Pregnancy Help Centers - Pregnancy Resources, organizations that sponsor pro-life activities including praying and sidewalk counseling at abortion businesses.
A prayer booklet is available for use by individuals and churches at the abortion clinic with helpful suggestions.
6. The PPRC hopes a pastor dedicated to preserving life will become a pastoral voice for life by bringing this message to other local pastors.
7. Just like a church, PPRC is a 501c3 tax exempt organization and yet PPRC understands that participation in government is a necessity to help our country get back to the founding principles and the basics of Christianity. A church can't promote a political candidate but as a 501c3, a church can do the following:
-Register people to vote in a non-partisan manner.
-Keep the congregation informed on legislation and initiatives.
-Encourage pro-life/pro-family church members to run for local offices such as school boards, city councils, and then state and national offices.
-Be a voice for life at local city councils and school boards, at the county level through the supervisors and at state and national levels through locally elected legislators.
Church and Government:
Evangelism and Government - A new article:
Tax Exempt Status vs Politics -As one of the largest denominations, the Catholic Church provides this guidance to their churches.
Pastors and Pro-Life: an important overview
(Please note: The underlined portions on the above pages are links to more information on the PPRC website. Please go to www.pastorsprolife.org)